Position: Java solution design
Location: Montreal Quebec, Canada.
Duration: Full Time
Must Have :
Minimum 10 years’ experience in solution design
Experience of at least 10 years of JAVA application development in a complex environment such as JAVA / WLS / Websphere / Node JS / Oracle / AS400 / MQ series / JBoss, Linux, etc.
Advanced knowledge and experience developing SOA (SOAP, REST, JSON, RAML, Jax-RS, StrongLoop)
Experience developing on the Cloud. (TOSCA, Cloudify, OpenStack)
Knowledge of the unified object modeling notation (UML)
Experience in XML and related technologies such as XML schemas, XML namespaces, xpath, xslt.
Knowledge of at least one database management system (RDBMS) such as Oracle, MSSQL, DB2 and the structured query language (SQL)
Knowledge of concepts of integration and continuous use of Jenkins and Sonar
Knowledge of Maven, eclipes / Intellu
Experience with unit testing frameworks.
Experience with automated build frameworks including the ability to write or maintain build scripts.
Bilingual : English and French
Reporting to the Manager of the Development Team for Sales and Distribution applications, the position holder leads the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS) and is largely focused on large-scale, complex or enterprise projects. May also be accountable for complex programming / coding.
• Responsible for developing and documenting detailed solution design within SDS and act as an application SME through the design and development lifecycle ensuring alignment with Architecture.
• May also be accountable for complex applications/systems development, programming /coding.
• Lead the creation of solution options and ultimately a comprehensive end-to-end solution and coordinate relevant stakeholders, as required to support development initiatives
• Provide estimates for new projects and initiatives for the development / design component of the overall plan working with relevant team members / stakeholders
• Develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application / system that meets the defined requirements (business, enterprise architecture direction, system performance and development standards)
• Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS) and apply functional knowledge of business functions to design optimal software / systems
• Review technical deliverables throughout detailed design and development phase to ensure quality adherence and identify gaps or redesign requirements as needed
• Work with the Technology Project Manager, Business Analysts / Systems Analysts, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application
• Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity - including development of project documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost, etc.
• Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards
• Assist in the identification of opportunities to minimize cost, provide recommendations and/or deliver corresponding strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and to enhance stakeholder experience
• Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and supporting gating and review sign-offs for solution design
• Support knowledge management processes for LOB / portfolio and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed
• Ensure design leverages existing reusable components and has traceability to business requirements and ensure new modules are designed with reusability as a key requirement
• Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity
• Provide technical support for escalated incidents / outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders
• Advanced knowledge of the business , technical environment, processes, tools, various and multiple programming languages, operating systems, solutions design and other relevant technology areas
• Bachelor degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in system development. Less education combined with relevant experience will be considered.
• Minimum 7 years in coaching developers
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication in French and English, both with external stakeholders, colleagues, team members with management.
• Sense of innovation, initiative, creativity, organization, rigor, autonomy and work collaboratively.
• Capacity to work under pressure. Must be capable of managing several things at the same time
• Demonstrated experience of system analysis process and techniques
• Asset: Insurance Knowledge, Finance/Banking