Position : Merchandise Assistant
Location : San Bruno, CA
Duration : 8 Months
The Merchandise Assistant manages the acquisition, coordination and tracking of his/her subcategory item pages and shelves on the website. He/She manages item page content, cross-sells, and
accessories for the merchandise department. He/She assists the call center associates with customer service questions. This position will be responsible for managing the acquisition, coordination
and tracking of inbound supplier data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordination of content & item setup 50%? Supports the item level efforts of all merchandise categories reporting to the Category Manager
• Work with Buyers and Item Set up Team to set up new items and maintain item changes such as: WLM numbers, item dimensions, rebates, add distributors, remove distributors, retail price
changes, cost price changes.
• Works closely with the copywriters and supplier to manage content acquisition.
• Works closely with the Item Set Up Team and supplier to manage the procurement and coordination of digital images and/or samples for the site.
• Work with Web Collage, CNET, and easy2. com on product demos and page outlook enhancement.
• Oversees the quality assurance process as it relates to the item's preparation to go live on the site.
• Work with Marketing to insure all TAB Closing proofs are set up correctly.
• Run in stock daily report for daily publishing.
• Track all items coming in, out to supplier, or with cross-functional team to ensure all items go live in a timely manner.
• Maintain item pages with accurate accessories and cross sell layout.
• Manage change requests such as: prices, flags, inventory availability, critical live images and copy changes, base/variant maintenance.
2. Administrative and Tracking 30%? Monitor reviews and ratings feedback.
• Submit critical tickets for system, or data repairs.
• Run reports to insure end dates are accurate for item's existence.
• Comp shop other competitor sites.
3. Special Projects 20%? Coordinate with Associate Operations Manager, WLM Resolutions, and the Legal Team to resolve customer service issues promptly and accurately.
• Provide additional support to the Item Set Up Team, PIM Support team, and Inbound Team as defined by the category manager.
• Provide new MAs within the department basic training.