One of Nexus Group’s large enterprise clients will be hiring a Network Support Analyst on a 6 Month contract position for our client in downtown Toronto.
This individual will be responsible for a combination of new and existing project requirements, and will be providing 2nd level network support to the Client's network environments. The supported network environments include the Client's Canadian offices and WAN connectivity to its data centres. The incumbent will prepare and provide cost-effective, seamless networking solutions to facilitate the growth and business opportunities of all Client business units. Additional responsibilities include working closely with the 1st level support team to expertly minimize incident recovery times when alerts are received or incident records are opened. Recognition of opportunities to escalate to the internal engineering teams, Global Networks management and external suppliers is essential to performing the 2nd level support function. The incumbent will use their strong problem solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot network issues and implement fixes while working within the Incident Management process. Excellent verbal communication skills are required along with a good team attitude and ability to work with others while attending project meetings or working on major incidents when conferences are convened via bridge calls. The incumbent will also interface with the Client's Corporate and Canadian Operations clients and multiple vendors/carriers. Day-to-day activities also will include root cause analysis for all network incidents and the preparation of implementation instructions for low and medium complexity changes for implementation by the 2nd level support team.
The incumbent may be required to carry a pager on a rotating basis as part of the 7x24 coverage that is required. They also may be required to work rotating hours through the day and afternoon/evening as may be applicable.
Responsible for working on managing and all network incidents passed on from 1st level network operations and the helpdesks
- Follow all change and incident management processes for implementation of changes.
- Develop network design documents adhering to all network design processes
- Work within, and adhere to, all incident and problem management processes
- Escalate incidents as required and keep Management informed of status on major incidents
- Participate in multi-team task forces via conference bridge for major incident support
- Participate in service meetings related to incident management
- Mentoring of second level support
- Respond to pager calls from 1st level network operations, helpdesks or other entities within the incident management process